Food Safety in Catering Level 2
This one-day introductory course is ideal for anyone who is employed or is seeking employment in the Catering industry.
This course is targeted at those working in the catering or hospitality setting where food is cooked and served. For example, those working in pubs, hotels, restaurants, retail, schools or care and nursing homes.
Participants will gain knowledge of:
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
By the end of the course participants will:
- Gain a firm grasp of the importance of food safety
- Have knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Have the confidence and expertise to deliver quality food safely to customers
There is a short Multiple Choice question paper which is externally set and assessed at the end of the course.
Candidates who anticipate some difficulty in completing the written examination should identify this when they enrol.
E learning module
For those who prefer to learn in their own time at their own speed, we offer a level 2 food safety course via e-learning, click here for further information.